Okuma Convector Line Counter Trolling Reels
Convector levelwinds and line counters revolutionized the fishing tackle industry, offering a powerful gearing and drag system platform previously unattainable at the Convector's value-oriented price. Today, the Convector has grown to a position as a staple in salmon fisheries from Alaska to the Great Lakes, and everywhere in between. The Convector's no-nonsense design features aluminum and stainless steel components at all critical stress points, along with Okuma's patented Mechanical Stabilization System that maintains parts alignment over the long term. Line counter models are available in both right and left hand retrieve to serve all anglers.
• Lightweight, corrosion-resistant frame and side plates
• Machined aluminum, gun smoke anodized spool
• Stainless steel reinforcing side plate rings
• Mechanical line counter function measures in feet
• Multi-disc Carbonite drag system
• Ratcheting drag star for precise drag settings
• 2BB+1RB Stainless steel bearing drive system
• Quick-Set anti-reverse roller bearing
• Dual anti-reverse system. (Mechanical & roller bearing)
• Speed Lock pinion gear system
• Durable stainless steel main and pinion gear system
• XL Gearing: Drop down gear box on all models
• Self-Lubricating Gear System, all models
• Wide Mouth Levelwind: Clearance for copper line
• Spool stabilizing system for increased durability
• Ergo Grip handle knobs featured on all models
• DLX represents left hand crank line counter models
• MSS: Mechanical Stabilizing System for increased durability
• Convector star drag reels are backed by a 1-year warranty
Fat Nancy's Fishing Scale & River Report
Visit often to see our River Reports of the day’s fishing conditions, expert tips, water level, temperature, and our own Fishing Scale rating system to know what kind of action to expect.View Latest Report
- 5 Fish: Doesn’t get any better than this, get up here now if you can.
- 4 Fish: Very good fishing if you aren’t getting any hookups ask for help.
- 3 Fish: Good amount of fish and you should have action in most spots.
- 2 Fish: Action but you will need to move around to find them.
- 1 Fish: Come if you’re ok with small numbers of fish and likely not many hookups.